08 December 2006

Direction, Discipline, Excellence, Success

This won't take long:

Aníbal "The Information Solider" sent Me this in an e-mail:

Subject: Simple motivation---Right up your alley
http://www.lifehacker.com/software/cell-phone/set-up-a-cell-phone-mantra-219937.php

[You can click on it to get a better idea, but read on if you're in a hurry.]


Here's My response:


So cool to know you read Lifehacker, too! It's one of My daily "Start" pages and I often find useful info. In this case, I was suprised to see this item because since last year, My cell phone has a four word "mantra" (I thought it was just a screen item until I read the Lifehacker post): Direction, Discipline, Excellence, Success.

I wrote that on a whim, to keep Myself focused on what I often tend to slide on. Whenever I see Myself not succeeding as expected (like I have been recently), I can trace the path "down" to excellence (Am I doing excellent work, of high value, to My clients?), or discipline (Am I doing enough to make consistent progress?) or direction (Do I have a goal?)

At this point, I'm screwing up in the basic level of direction, so that's where I need to make changes. Until I fix that, the rest can wait. Once that is set, I go "up" to discipline (plan my work, work my plan), strive for excellence and success almost always follows.



Okay, that's it. Break up into discussion groups and discuss.


The Jenius Has Spoken.

No comments: