10 March 2007

Good-bye, Gypsy Lady

Ah, hell...

The gypsy lady, one of the three women I wrote about three weeks ago, was killed shortly after My posting. A drunk driver, apparently also hopped up on drugs, ran her over. The impact was severe enough to propel the kind woman almost 45 feet, killing her instantly.

And as if the loss of this woman wasn't enough, the accident happened in full view of a children's birthday party. Although many of the kids would profess fear of the gypsy lady--because she was different--none of them could say she was anything but polite and affectionate with those who didn't jeer at her.

Several things bother Me about this loss, amongst them that I find out about this only now, some two weeks after the fact. Goes to show that I pay very little attention to local news and that My roots in My home community are not as deep as I think.

Her tragic death at the hands of a total retard, someone so basely incompetent as to drive while drunk and drugged, makes Me angry. I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnut holes that the moronic woman behind the wheel gets nary a slapped wrist for her murderous spree. And I'm bothered by another death touching close to home, for I sense that this is just the beginning of what will turn out to be a continuous series of good-byes.

It may have been only the untimely death of a vagabond lady, but she was that: A lady. Whatever scarred her life and blighted her mind left her heart kind and her spirit filled with humble adventure. Rather than lose such a gypsy lady, I'd much rather We lost a thousand of these murderous drivers and their savagely stupid ilk.


The Jenius Has Spoken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad. But it is as you say, drunk drivers who maim or kill get a slap on the wrist.

I had an uncle (who died recently) get jail time, but not for drunk driving and causing an accident where a girl got her legs broken, but because he didn't attend the last hearing where he was going to get a slap on the wrist. LOL!

Dissing a judge is a far more serious offense than drunk driving.