12 November 2009

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!

Just when you thought I'd forgotten: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Everyone that knows ME!! for longer than, oh, 15 minutes, knows I'll slip in My Birthday a couple of times at first, then ever so often in every conversation as The Blessed Day gets near, like say, beginning in March.

Not everyone knows, though, that I do so because I genuinely like birthdays and do My best to reME!!mber those of My family, friends and colleagues (those that want to share them.)

I have been know to wear a "Birthday Boy" faux-blue ribbon medal on My fedora, cap or shirt on the odd day (most of My days are odd, thank you very much) and it tickles ME!! when people smile and ask "Is it your birthday?" and I get to say "No, but I'm celebrating it anyway!"

Unless the person is a walking dead, they smile and think it's a good idea. (Exception: some women I know, who would rather NOT have their birthday mentioned at all, thank you very much. Sad.)

So what is the takeaway from this year, on this, The Most Perfect Of All Days, My Birthday?

 

Business picked up quite well for ME!!, been very busy, better focus on ME!! and My projects.

I'm engaged. Getting married next August. You might be invited.

Realized I'd been settling for less and amped up the Go Get It ME!!ter; it paid off.

Took on several new challenges in projects that are "out there," but coming closer to being "somewhat implausible" rather than "What the hell are you trying to do?"

Having a blast with My new workstyle--more creative, less reactive--though I'm still trying to find a new work/rest/play balance.

Did I mention I'm getting married? Did I mention My Friends are very happy for ME!!--I mean, Us--but then turn around and ask the fortunate lady "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Happened several times already. Okay, happened every time already. Sheesh.

And I've cranked up the Jenius Juice to not only take on the good, bad and the large amount of ugly happening on My Island, but also to give ME!! another birthday salute...

Yes, the first letter of every paragraph is all for ME!!

The Jenius Has Spoken.

5 comments:

The Insider said...

Happy Birthday Gil.

A word on future timelines:

Mid-August: Gil still posts, but a little shorter and filled with positive affirmations on life.

September-Nov: Less frequent posts, shorter text, but back into Jenius depth.

December - Life: Darker and with more latent angst than ever before. Flowing, superfluous texts, with metaphors heavily weighted by insights from interpersonal relationships.

Welcome to married life. =)

Are you sure you want to do this? Just kidding Gil. Have a great day.

Future Perfect Wife said...

Hey!?!

GCSchmidt said...

Made Me LAUGH so hard!!

Oh, wait! Future Perfect Wife is around...

Insider! Not funny! I decline to partake of your cynicism concerning the exalted state of matrimony. How dare thee?!

Is she gone? Yeah? Good.

LAUGHED My ass off!

Cuerpos en Movimiento en tu Casa said...

And here I thought EVERYONE knew that November 12 is important because it is Guinness World Record Day! So, Jenius, what is Your record?
Happy Birthday, brother of mine(I would like to keep this anonymous, you are SOOOO embarrassing sometimes, but I will brave the gales of laughter and admit I love you and wish you all the best.) LOL

Cuerpos en Movimiento en tu Casa said...

And here I thought EVERYONE knew that November 12 is important because it is Guinness World Record Day! So, Jenius, what is Your record?
Happy Birthday, brother of mine(I would like to keep this anonymous, you are SOOOO embarrassing sometimes, but I will brave the gales of laughter and admit I love you and wish you all the best.) LOL