Back in 2004, The Jenius commented on Dr. Lawrence Britt's study on fascist regimes as applied to the U.S. The post was picked up at Tullyvision.
The list of 14 Defining Characterisitics of Fascism is reproduced below, without Dr. Britt's description of each. (The Tullyvision post includes his descriptions.) In an updated version, (read the original to compare) The Jenius indicates how many of the 14 Fascist Traits are currently seen in the U.S. under "the murderous moron" currently occupying the White House:
1) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK.)
2) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK. See Abu Ghraib, Guantánamo, approval of torture, suspension of habeus corpus, wiretapping...)
3) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK)
4) Supremacy of the Military - (U.S. under Bushie The Military Duty Evader: CHECK)
5) Rampant Sexism - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK. See recent Republican bills trying to reduce equal pay laws.)
6) Controlled Mass Media - (U.S. under Bushie: Close, but not very much so. Maybe.)
7) Obsession with National Security - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK. See latest Alert Level and how it "coincides" with political issues when Bushie's in trouble...which is often)
8) Religion and Government are Intertwined - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK. Though who knows what god this moron talks to...)
9) Corporate Power is Protected - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK! CHECK!)
10) Labor Power is Suppressed - (U.S. under Bushie: Close, but just beneath My CHECK level.)
11) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - (U.S. under Bushie: Not really, except that "conservative intellectual" is an oxymoron...)
12) Obsession with Crime and Punishment - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK.)
13) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK! CHECK! Hell, CHECK!)
14) Fraudulent Elections - (U.S. under Bushie: CHECK! CHECK!)
Eleven of 14, with two of the three possibly going to the CHECK column. Is the U.S. a fascist country? Let's take another look:
Governor Bob Taft of Ohio is about to sign Senate Bill 9, the Ohio Patriot Act. Among its provisions:
--Police can deny entry to "transportation infrastructure" to anyone not showing an ID; [The Jenius says: "Papers! I vant to zee yore papers!!]
--Police can demand the name, address, and date of birth of anyone suspected of having committed a crime or being about to commit a crime, or having witnessed a crime or a plan to commit a crime. Failure to provide this information is an arrestable offense -- so basically all demonstrators could be required to give their names, addresses and dates of birth or face arrest; [The Jenius Says: Now you can't even think? We'll turn into Bushie-clones!!]
--Reminiscent of Joe McCarthy's famous question, many state licenses will begin with the question "Are you a member of an organization on the U.S. Department of State Terrorist Exclusion List?". Failure to answer means no license; answering affirmatively is self-incrimination. [The Jenius Says: What can We expect from followers of Bushie's bleating that the U.S Constitution is "just a goddamned piece of paper"?]
--Perhaps worst of all, the original version of the bill simply prohibited state or local governments or government employees from objecting to the USA PATRIOT act. The current version allows criticism, but threatens local government with the loss of funds if they in any way "materially hinder" Federal anti-terrorism efforts. [The Jenius Says: In Bushie's world, "Just Say No" doesn't work for drugs, nor to protect your Constitutional rights.]
Governor Taft is very, very unpopular in Ohio, with approval ratings in the teens. Bushie's dwindling popularity is national news, as his lying scheme killing soldiers in Iraq is increasingly exposed. Does that stop these two idiots from making a mockery of Constitutional rights? Of course not. They act with the unthinking brutality of "might makes right," while the silent majority plays economic suicide at the individual level. Bread and circuses and the newest e-thingy as the empire crumbles.
What does this have to do with statehooders in Puerto Rico? Take a hint, you deniers of Our culture. With a fascism rating of at least 79% and maybe as high as 93%, you people want Puerto Rico to become a state? To join the march to no freedom Bushie has been allowing--he's simply too stupid to lead--on his unearned and unmerited watches?
Take a hint: there's a clear line between "us" and "them" in a fascist mentality. On what side of that line do Puerto Ricans fall? Read the "Patriot" Act and its ugly syphillis-aborted "child" from Ohio. See the line? Do you have the ability to see it?
Whether you do or you don't, you still fall on the wrong side of the line.
Take a hint.
The Jenius Has Spoken.
[Update: 20 September 2011: The 7th Circuit Court, in Boston, has stripped former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld of his immunity for acts and incidents related to torture in Iraq. (WARNING: Graphic images.) It is finally becoming apparent, from the slow-to-grasp-it legal standpoint, that what the murderous moron and his pack of morally-deficient thugs unleashed was and is worthy of criminal prosecution to the fullest extent.]