20 April 2007

Personal Perspective

Ever so often, I get wrapped up in My own view of the world and start to see mountains where there are none. Time and again, the Universe has a way of teaching Me that I am wrong in doing so.

As I perused this year's Pulitzer Prize winners, I came across the Feature Photography winner, a 20-picture series in The Sacramento Bee, taken by Renée C. Byer, of a single mother and her young son as he loses his battle with cancer.

Before I reached the final photograph, I was crying. Not for Me, but for the courage of two people for whom the world has become small, yet filled with a titanic struggle that very few will ever understand...or hope to.

The images are stark, often unforgiving and utterly real. They aren't meant for everyone. But if you can find it in your heart to look at Life, and death, and learn from what you see, please explore Ms. Byer's series of photographs.

A clearer perspective indeed, even through tears.


The Jenius Has Spoken.

No comments: